Monday, December 17, 2012

5 Literary Crushes/ Book Boyfriends

We've all seen these lists on Goodreads, or at least have been thinking it in our heads...
Who are those characters that you fell in love with and wish were real?

1. Étienne St. Clair
 Anna and the French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins

This boy is sweet and awfully funny.  However, he is not perfect.  He's shorter than Anna and his bottom teeth aren't perfectly straight.  His imperfections make him real and all the more cheeky.  Yes, he is an American with an English accent who is also fluent in French...quite an impressive combination. 


I can't find an actor who I pictured as Etienne.  He's just too perfect to compare to real world people.

2. Noah Shaw  
The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer by Michelle Hodkin

His banters between him and Mara are hysterical.  What I like about him is that he is evidently very intelligent  as seen through his witty humor.  However, he has the bad boy image, but he truly does care for Mara.  HIs love for Mara is really noticable in The Evolution of Mara Dyer, and I thought he was really whipped.  It kinda annoyed me, but him being Noah made it all better.  Oh, and he's British just like Max Irons.


Max Irons- Noah Shaw
3. Alex Fuentes

Not that all of the Fuentes boys aren't funny, charming, and know how to treat women, but Alex just appeals to me more.  The other two brothers struck me as idiots often, but Alex knew that getting involved with the gang would be trouble and only did it to protect his family.

Although the trailers are super corny, Simone did a really nice job casting the boys.  If it's ever made into a movie, I want Alexander F. Rodriguez as Alex. But a haircut would be necessary.

Alexander F. Rodriguez- Alex Fuentes
4. Adam Widle

He's a cute guy, obviously cares for Mia, but you really don't get to care about Adam until Where She Went when the POV is through his eyes.  He's sensitive, kind, and passionate.  He and Mia are very into music, so that might be of interst to you.

I saw other people choosing Kevin Zegers as Adam, and I thought why not? He's a good looking guy. He could be a rock star.

Kevin Zegers- Adam Wilde
5. Jace Wayland

I love his sarcasm.  He, too, is played off as a bad boy.  Yet, he loves Clary.  Plus, he's a ferocious Shadowhunter, strong enough both physically and mentally to defeat the enemy.

I don't like the casting of Jace for the movie.  If you check out the list of actors that auditioned for the part, you will be overwhelmed by handsomeness.  I just didn't picture Jamie Campbell Bower as Jace.  Personally, I'm in love with Alex Pettyfer, but I respect him not wanting to be in any more teen movies.  He's actually become a pretty good actor: I'll admit that Beastly was terrible, but his accent in Magic Mike was amazing!  He's definitely come a long way in the industry.

Alex Pettyfer- Jace Wayland


I challenge you to come up with your list. Who do you imagine playing these characters?






No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear your thoughts, but please no spam! Thanks for sharing with Lis Les Livres :) Have a lovely day.