Sunday, December 30, 2012

My Favorite Books of 2012

These are some of my favorites who were published this year.

1. The Evolution of Mara Dyer by Michelle Hodkin

I was super duper excited for the release of this.  I even preordered a signed copy.  When I had no power during Hurricane Sandy and my hardcover hadn't yet arrived, I was draining the battery on my phone using iBooks and reading this.  It was so good!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2. A Midsummer's Nightmare by Kody Keplinger

I love Kody! I read this book in pretty much one sitting.  The romance in this isn't incest at all, but some people might be weirded out by step siblings dating.  They didn't know before they met each other and the male lead is a HOT nerd, so I really don't mind!  If you haven't read any Kody, you really should   She totally has a gift for characterization and development, and she's still in college!!

3.  Every day by David Levithan

I haven't read a ton of his stuff before this, but it is definitely different from his typical stuff.  It's really thought provoking, but bitter-sweet.  It really makes you question what you thought love was.  David Levithan is an amazing guy if you ever get the chance to meet him, which you probably will because he  tours non-stop and organizes all YA events.

4.  Unraveling by Elizabeth Norris

With 12/21/12, this was so a propos to read.  I was really impressed with the plot of this story and its complexity.  I've been getting tired of the whole trite "people being suppressed-let's revolt against the government because we're unhappy- dytopian," genre, and this was so refreshing!

5.  Such a Rush by Jennifer Echols

Rom dram with HOT TWINS!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear your thoughts, but please no spam! Thanks for sharing with Lis Les Livres :) Have a lovely day.