Thursday, December 27, 2012

Review: Such a Rush by Jennifer Echols

Such a RushSuch a Rush by Jennifer Echols

My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Summary  A sexy and poignant romantic tale of a young daredevil pilot caught between two brothers. 

When I was fourteen, I made a decision. If I was doomed to live in a trailer park next to an airport, I could complain about the smell of the jet fuel like my mom, I could drink myself to death over the noise like everybody else, or I could learn to fly.
Heaven Beach, South Carolina, is anything but, if you live at the low-rent end of town. All her life, Leah Jones has been the grown-up in her family, while her mother moves from boyfriend to boyfriend, letting any available money slip out of her hands. At school, they may diss Leah as trash, but she’s the one who negotiates with the landlord when the rent’s not paid. At fourteen, she’s the one who gets a job at the nearby airstrip.
But there’s one way Leah can escape reality. Saving every penny she can, she begs quiet Mr. Hall, who runs an aerial banner-advertising business at the airstrip and also offers flight lessons, to take her up just once. Leaving the trailer park far beneath her and swooping out over the sea is a rush greater than anything she’s ever experienced, and when Mr. Hall offers to give her cut-rate flight lessons, she feels ready to touch the sky.
By the time she’s a high school senior, Leah has become a good enough pilot that Mr. Hall offers her a job flying a banner plane. It seems like a dream come true . . . but turns out to be just as fleeting as any dream. Mr. Hall dies suddenly, leaving everything he owned in the hands of his teenage sons: golden boy Alec and adrenaline junkie Grayson. And they’re determined to keep the banner planes flying.
Though Leah has crushed on Grayson for years, she’s leery of getting involved in what now seems like a doomed business—until Grayson betrays her by digging up her most damning secret. Holding it over her head, he forces her to fly for secret reasons of his own, reasons involving Alec. Now Leah finds herself drawn into a battle between brothers—and the consequences could be deadly.

Characters: Hot twins.  Enough said right there.
Alec is very sweet, the one everyone thinks of as the good boy.  He had a few funny lines here and there. Alec is the kind of boy that would make a great friend.
Grayson is the one with a temper and has trouble expressing his feelings.  He doesn't seem like he cares and kinda comes off as a bad boy, but he's very sensitive and has good intentions.
Leah is another one of those girls who has a rocky home life and expresses it through sarcasm and bitterness sometimes.  She's pretty hilarious at times, but honestly, these types of characters confuse me.  Why would I ever get involved with someone who acts like a snake?  But you can predict what happens when these boys get involved with Leah...

Plot: You know I'm a sucker for romantic dramas, or rom drams as I like to call them.  You know the formula: boy likes girl, girl likes boy, they get together with a lot of things in the way, then they break up, then they get back together because love prevails.  The things that get in the way, the secrets are interesting and unexpected.

Writing: As always, Jennifer Echols knows how to write some steamy scenes!!!  After reading this book, I felt like taking flying lesson, but that quickly passed when I realized that wouldn't be too safe.

Would I recommend it to a friend? Oui.  As I said before, hot twins.





View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear your thoughts, but please no spam! Thanks for sharing with Lis Les Livres :) Have a lovely day.