Monday, December 31, 2012

Worst Books Read in 2012

Not all of these were published this year, but here's my least favorites that I read in 2012.

1. Beautiful Disaster by Jamie McGuire
I really don't understand why this book has so much praise! This book wasn't that good.  I read like 90% of it, but I just couldn't get through it all.  I mean, I did still read the ending because why would I get that far and not find out what happens?

This is what most people who have read Fifty Shades of Grey read afterwards, and I can definitely see the similarities between Travis and Christian.  They're both controlling. Even if they try not to be and have their sweet moments, I still couldn't love them.  I'd always be afraid of their aggressive tendencies.

The thing that irked me the most: Pigeon.  Seriously, what kind of a nickname is that? I know there's kind of a cute reason for it, but I would never want anyone calling me that.  NEVER.

2. Meant to be by Lauren Morrill

This was such a disappointment!  It was compared to Anna and the French Kiss. Absolutely no way can a book ever stand a candle to Anna.  So, the plot was unrealistic, and the characters were so gosh darn annoying! Julia was so oblivious for being such a "smart" girl, and Jordan never struck me as sweet and funny, just really immature.

3. Imaginary Girls by Nova Ren Suma

This was BORING.  I got the feeling that this was supposed to be eerily beautiful, kinda creepy.  I found myself somewhat scared for literally 1 line in the entire thing.  Honestly, there was way too much focus on Ruby, and the real main character was over shadowed.  The plot was absent for most of the book.  I felt like I was reading 300 pages of how amazing Ruby is.

4. Struck by Jennifer Bosworth

This was just me personally, but the religious aspects of the book really ticked me off.  That was a giant issue I had with the book, but the rest wasn't bad.

Jeremy was too elusive for me to love, but I really did mind this in comparison to the cultish religious stuff.

5. League of Strays by L.B Schulman

Another snoozer.  When it finally got exciting, when the kids in the league were gettiung nuts and starting to attack innocent people, Charlotte hadd to do the right thing and stop them.  That makes me sound really awful, but the book needed some excitement, and Charlotte was a major wet blanket.  If this were a real life situation, I would agree with her, but this is fiction!  Live a little!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear your thoughts, but please no spam! Thanks for sharing with Lis Les Livres :) Have a lovely day.