Wednesday, January 02, 2013

Review: The Edge of Never by J.A. Redmerski

The Edge of NeverThe Edge of Never by J.A. Redmerski

My rating: 5 of 5 stars


Finally a new adult that is très bon!

I just couldn't sleep last night, and maybe wanting to stay up to read this
amazing book was part of it. Yes, it was 3 AM but I had to finish it!

Summary: With a purse, a cell phone and a small bag with a few necessities, Camryn, with absolutely no direction or purpose boards a Greyhound bus alone and sets out to find herself. What she finds is a guy named Andrew Parrish, someone not so very different from her and who harbors his own dark secrets. But Camryn swore never to let down her walls again. And she vowed never to fall in love.
But with Andrew, Camryn finds herself doing a lot of things she never thought she’d do. He shows her what it’s really like to live out-of-the-box and to give in to her deepest, darkest desires. On their sporadic road-trip he becomes the center of her exciting and daring new life, pulling love and lust and emotion out of her in ways she never imagined possible. But will Andrew’s dark secret push them inseparably together, or tear them completely apart?
Characters:
Camryn- I really liked her. She's kind and smart, but shy and scared of getting
close to anyone after the tragedies she's faced in the past. Yet, after spending
time with Andrew, she starts to let her guard down and becomes more adventurous
and free-spirited.

What I didn't like about Camryn- For being such a smart person, she was kinda
dumb, not paying close enough attention to her surroundings at the bus stop or
just having too much faith that people aren't dangerous. Why would you go on a
road trip with some guy you just met?

Andrew- Even though he's funny, audacious even, and playful, Andrew has his
issues too. He's deep at times, making me fall harder for this fictitious
character.

Whether you want to call him whipped or simply very caring, he treats Camryn
like gold, how every girl should be treated.

And his physical description! A green eyed, fit, gorgeous guy who looks like
Kellan Lutz according to Camryn's best friend;)

What I didn't like about Andrew- There were two instances where he used
violence. I understand the first time was out of defense, but the second? I just
don't get bar fights.

His stubbornness got me so angry towards the very end of the book! What he did
was so stupid, but I do understand his reasoning.

Asher- He is barely in the book, but I quite enjoyed the few moments he is
mentioned. He handsome like his brother Andrew and very kind and loving towards
his family and even a nonmember, Camryn.

Plot: I'm a sucker for road trip stories. Perhaps that why I thought the first
few chapters before Camyrn sets out on her journey are boring. Just my personal
opinion, but I think they could have been cut out all together. Camryn had
enough misfortune in her life without her friend stabbing her in the back.

I honestly did not see that curveball at the end coming.

Overall, this is a beautiful, beautiful story about finding love,
forgiveness and living life.

Writing: Ms. Redmerski did a splendid job crafting the characterization and the
changing relationship between Camryn and Andrew. Not to mention that she wrote
funny, funny characters. I caught myself laughing out loud numerous times at the
witty banters between the main characters or the crazy things Andrew teased
about.
Well, it is true...


Cover: I just wanted to mention this because if doesnt have the typical
appearance of a new adult fiction book, where the models are basically groping each other. This cover is stunning, as it should be to match the content.

CHECK OUT MY REVIEW OF THE SEQUEL THE EDGE OF ALWAYS!

Would I recommend it to a friend? I just said i stayed up until 3 to finish it.
Of course I would!



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear your thoughts, but please no spam! Thanks for sharing with Lis Les Livres :) Have a lovely day.