Wednesday, March 06, 2013

Review: Things I Know about Love by Kate le Vann

Things I Know About LoveThings I Know About Love by Kate le Vann

My rating: 3 of 5 stars
Summary: Things I know about love.
1. People don't always tell you the truth about how they feel.2. Nothing that happens between two people is guaranteed to be private.3. I don't know if you ever get over having your heart broken.
Livia Stowe's past experiences with love have been nothing but disappointing, but all that is about to change.  After years of illness, she's boarding a plane for the first time to spend the summer in Princeton, New Jersey, with her brother who's studying abroad.  This Brit is determined to make the most of her American summer and to record every moment of it in her private blog.
America is everything that Livia's ever dreamed of.  And then she meets Adam.  
Swept up in the promise of romance and the magical New York City that Adam shows her, Livia is smitten, but with all she knows about love, is Livia really ready to risk her heart again?
I read this awhile ago, so it may seem like a short review because I forgot what I read, but the truth is that this was one teensy little book!

Characters: Livia seems like a sweet innocent girl.  I'm going to say this a lot, warning you already, but I couldn't get to know her because the book was so short.  I met her, and then the book was over!  All in all, she is a nice, kinda shy character who cares for her brother.

Adam seems like a sweetie as well.  I was just starting to like him, and then the book ended!  He had about one funny line in the book, but he comes off as a great friend and all around great guy.

Plot: Like Nicholas Sparks?  You probably will like this.  Hate Nicholas Sparks? Stay clear from this one.  Personally, I like Nicholas Sparks her and there, but I hated the ending of this.  It was too abrupt and again, the book is too short to develop any kind of plot with characters that you can become attached to. 

Writing: This is written in alternating POV, which you know I adore!  The other cool thing about the writing is that it was written in blog entries.  Now that I have a blog, I can appreciate it more.  I might have read another book written in this format, but I can't remember right now.  It's so cool that authors are incorporating the use of technology into their writing.  However, I am not a fan of authors that use texting language.  If I'm reading a book, I want to read proper sentences.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear your thoughts, but please no spam! Thanks for sharing with Lis Les Livres :) Have a lovely day.