Tuesday, April 09, 2013

Review: You Never Know by Francesca Lia Block (One Teen Story Vol. I,Issue VII)

3/5 Stars

My Summary:  1D could sum this one up well with their lyrics to " What Makes You Beautiful."  I don't know how you could have missed hearing their song on the radio, but it's about a girl not knowing how awesome she is and it goes a little something like,

"You don't know you're beautiful,
If only you saw what I can see,
You'll understand why I want you so desperately,
Right now I'm looking at you and I can't believe,
You don't know"

Plot: This is a story that everybody can relate to because it's about that time where you're insecure, trying to find yourself, and you're just lost. But eventually, you find yourself. I've never read anything by Francesca Block, but she manages to bring the genuine feelings of moving into adulthood and leaves the audience with hope.

Writing: This is written in 2nd person. I don't know if its just me that feels this way, but I hate 2nd person. It's rare to see it within the books that I read, but I feel like I'm being attacked. "You, you, you!" I never did anything wrong!!!!

Formatting and Misc.: I love the cover art on these magazines!! The colors of them are always bright and colorful, perfect for its YA target audience. Additionally, the font and size are great. A blind person such as myself can even read it. Overall, I'm very impressed with One Teen Story, especially since it has gotten established authors to write for it. Go subscribe!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear your thoughts, but please no spam! Thanks for sharing with Lis Les Livres :) Have a lovely day.