Friday, April 19, 2013

RIP E.L. Konigsburg

E.L. Konigsburg died today at the age of 83.  She was a great children's author, multiple time Newberry award wining author.  Her most famous book, From the Mixed up files of Mrs. Basil E. Frankweiler is still one of my favorite books from childhood.  It is a great book about growing up and having an adventure.  I wanted to run away to a museum after I read it, but in retrospect it was probably written in order to prevent that from happening.  But it sounded like so much fun!!!




Once I got a little bit older, I read Silent to the Bone.  This one is for a more mature audience and has an important message:  When you know something is wrong, don't be afraid to speak up.  This book is much heavier than her others, but I enjoyed it.


I've never met E.L Konigsburg, and therefore can't truthfully say she is a lovely lady, but I sure wouldn't doubt it.  May she rest in peace, and let her wonderful books continue to be appreciated.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear your thoughts, but please no spam! Thanks for sharing with Lis Les Livres :) Have a lovely day.