Friday, January 10, 2014

Review: Be With Me by J. Lynn (Jennifer Armentrout)

Be with Me by J. Lynn
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Teresa Hamilton is having a rough year—she’s in love with her big brother’s best friend, but he hasn’t spoken to her since they shared a truly amazing, mind-blowing, change-your-life kiss. She got out of a terrible relationship. And now an injury is threatening to end her dance career for good. It’s time for Plan B – college. And maybe a chance to convince Jase that what they have together is real.

Jase Winstead has a huge secret that he’s not telling anyone. Especially not his best friend’s incredibly beautiful sister. Even though he and Teresa shared the hottest kiss of his life, he knows that his responsibilities must take priority. He certainly doesn’t have time for a relationship. But it doesn’t help that all he can think about kissing the one girl who could ruin everything for him.

As they’re thrown together more and more, Jase and Tess can’t keep denying their feelings for each other. But a familiar danger looms and tragedy strikes. As the campus recovers, the star-crossed couple must decide what they’re willing to risk to be together, and what they’re willing to lose if they’re not…

Characters: I'm such a sucker for boys named Jase.  He is a caring guy that you'll definitely fall for, but his baggage makes him so frustrating at times!! I always feel like a jerk when characters' drama causes them to act standoffish, but it is annoying aggravating as a reader.  His loyalty to Cam is sweet, but its effect on him not commuting to Tess seems minimal compared to his drama's effect.  Tess has possibly the worst luck ever, but she's sweet and doesn't deserve it. At least she has her brother, Avery, and Jase to support her because she gets dealth the poopiest of cards: dancing career over, a little something else that would be a HUGE plot ruiner.  Cam and Avery from Wait for You return, but their roles aren't huge. Still great to see that they are going strong!

Plot: I was going through Wait for You, and there is a bit of foreshadowing in the last chapter; Jase asks Cam if he just saw Tess on campus.  Jennifer Armentrout planned it all along, and I just stumbled upon that line.

I'm beginning to think that Jennifer is somewhat twisted because that spoiler I was talking about is scary and creepy!  Be safe, world!  It's a notch above the trite car crash or rape found in NA, but that's just me.

The plot is typical for a rom dram, but I couldn't peel my eyes from the pages.  It's like a train wreak!!! You've got your tension, getting together, falling out, and making up.  These types of books are my guilty pleasure because it's not quality literature, and I even find myself laughing when scenes are supposed to be serious( when Cam finds out about Tess and his best friend being together!), but I love a happy ending.



THIS WOULD BE A GOOD VALENTINE'S READ :)
View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear your thoughts, but please no spam! Thanks for sharing with Lis Les Livres :) Have a lovely day.