Friday, January 17, 2014

Review: Before Jamaica Lane by Samantha Young

Before Jamaica Lane (On Dublin Street, #3)Before Jamaica Lane by Samantha Young
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

One simple lesson in seduction between two friends can turn into so much more… 

Despite her outgoing demeanor, Olivia is painfully insecure around the opposite sex—usually, she can’t get up the nerve to approach guys she’s interested in. But moving to Edinburgh has given her a new start, and, after she develops a crush on a sexy postgrad, she decides it’s time to push past her fears and go after what she wants.

Nate Sawyer is a gorgeous player who never commits, but to his close friends, he’s as loyal as they come. So when Olivia turns to him with her relationship woes, he offers to instruct her in the art of flirting and to help her become more sexually confident.

The friendly education in seduction soon grows into an intense and hot romance. But then Nate’s past and commitment issues rear their ugly heads, and Olivia is left broken-hearted. When Nate realizes he’s made the biggest mistake of his life, he will have to work harder than he ever has before to entice his best friend into falling back in love with him—or he may lose her forever…



Me right now
Characters: AHHHHHH! I want these characters to be real and be my BFFs.  Joss, Braden, Adam, 
Ellie, Jo, Cam, Hannah, and Cole play major roles in this story! They are super hilarious and caring, always there for each other.  I'm really looking forward to Hannah's story which is the next in the series because Hannah says what's on her mind, no matter how blunt.  And Marco is African American Italian. Talk about beautiful. Finally, I'm rooting for Cole to get a story of his own.  How great would it be to get a stour written by Samantha Young through the male perspective?

Now, I'm done fawning over the secondary characters.

Nate and Olivia, my heart just grew.  Both of these two are nerdy.  Nate writes a blog and Olivia is a librarian! Their neediness was incorporated in their first meeting, and it is fantastically cute.  Out of all of On Dublin Street's female characters, Olivia is the most relatable for me.  Joss is sassier than me, Ellie is cheerier than me, and Jo is way tougher than me.  I adore them, but Olivia is my favorite because she has my personality.  As for Nate, his playboy ways may seem annoying in the beginning, but he's always cared about Olivia and makes her feel beautiful inside and out.  He has legitimate reasons for his notcommitence, but it was frustrating.  I wanted these two to get serious faster because they are too 
perfect for each other.  He's also described as being movie star beautiful, which I quite enjoy.  

Plot: Just wanted to mention that Castle Hill, the Braden and Joss novella overlaps with this book.  

The plot has been done before, but I still loved this book! Samantha Young is bloody brilliant.  While I laughed out loud during most of the book, I admit to tearing up.  This is the first book I've ever read where that's happened.  It was weird.

I devoured this book, and I have been thinking about the characters since I finished it.  They'll always have a happy ending in my head.

Check out my reviews of all of the books in the series.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear your thoughts, but please no spam! Thanks for sharing with Lis Les Livres :) Have a lovely day.