Sunday, July 20, 2014

Book Purchases: In Your Face, Barnes and Noble

If you've read my last post, you'd know that I am making a conscious effort to stop shopping at Barnes and Noble. 

So, yesterday, I went to my local bookstore and made a few purchases.

1.  The Book of Life by Deborah Harkness

All Souls Trilogy #3!!! I am currently reading A Discovery of Witches, but I'm only a few chapters into the massive book.  I don't think I'll be finishing it before I meet Deborah on Tuesday.  Well, I tried, and I like it so far.


2. The Retribution of Mara Dyer by Michelle Hodkin



The epic conclusion!!! I can't wait for this book to come out.  Normally, I don't like to preorder books unless the author's tour schedule has been released.  That way, I can preorder the book to get signed if the author visits nearby, or I can wait and call one of the bookstores that the author will be visiting and request a signed copy to be shipped to me.  I got it all down to a science.

In this case, I preordered The Retribution because Michelle is signing the entire first printing!!! She allots 5 hours a day for signing! 5 hours!!!!!!!

From a collector point of view (like you care), this would be bad news.  A signed copy wouldn't be rare.  But, I don't care.  I need my collection to be complete, and this is one of my favorite series of all time. 

Michelle Hodkin is the woman!

Unfortunately, when the book comes out, I'll be away at college.  I'm having the book shipped to me, but to my home address, not my college mailbox.  I'm actually not bringing any of my books to college.  I don't want them to get damaged in transit!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear your thoughts, but please no spam! Thanks for sharing with Lis Les Livres :) Have a lovely day.