Monday, December 29, 2014

Exclusive Excerpt #1: Ashley's Dream by B.R. Kingsolver

Hello my readers!
B.R. Kingsolver, the author of a great new contemporary romance/new adult, has shared with me four exclusive excerpts.  And I'm going to share them with you as a little holiday gift!



Can a woman have both love and her dreams?
 
Ashley isn't looking for love. Her dream is to travel the world, and getting tied down by a man doesn't fit into her plans. Relationships always get so complicated, and men always lie. It's better just to have some fun and no one gets hurt. 

After graduating university, she doesn’t get the job offer she hopes for, so it's life as usual, working as the manager of a college town bar and spending time with her friends. But life doesn’t always go the way you plan, and the next thing Ashley knows, she has two hot roommates interested in her. She likes them both, but is it love or just infatuation? She always seems to make decisions that break her heart. 

When the job offer she has always wanted arrives, her heart is torn between love and following her dream. 
 
Buy links:

EXCERPT:
Marcie flew in to Denver on Friday and drove up to Fort Collins that afternoon. We had dinner together at the bar and then I went back to work. She showed up at my place the next morning at nine, and I would have killed her if she hadn’t had a key and been quiet about it. She let herself in, and though I woke up, I fell back to sleep when she didn’t come into my room.
The smell of bacon and fresh coffee woke me the second time. I staggered into the kitchen and watched in a daze as she shoveled pancakes and bacon on a plate and set it on the table.
“Eat,” she said, pouring coffee in a mug and setting it beside my plate. God, I thought, she’s going to make someone a great wife. As I ate, I decided that it should be me.
“Will you marry me?” I asked.
She threw back her head and laughed. “We might as well, considering our luck with men.”
We finished breakfast and I showed her my new clothes.
“Kind of a bummer,” I said, modeling one of the dresses. “I look gorgeous, but I don’t have anyone to wear them for.”
“Get Tyrell trained,” she said. “Things can’t be that busy during the summer. We should go out when I’m home.”
“How much longer are you going to keep the apartment here?” I asked. I knew it had to be a pain driving up here from Denver every week.
“I don’t know,” she said. “The lease is up next month. But from what they’re telling me, I’ll probably be on the road, either working on audits or project work, for the next couple of years. Some people do that their whole careers.”
She watched me change and then said, “You know, we could get a two or three bedroom place for less than we spend on two singles.”
I looked around. I’d had the apartment for a year, since Marcie left the previous summer for her internship in New York. I wasn’t particularly attached to it. We’d lived together for four years, and were comfortable together.
“Do we have to get a bunch of cats?”
I didn’t think it was that funny, but she laughed until tears ran down her cheeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear your thoughts, but please no spam! Thanks for sharing with Lis Les Livres :) Have a lovely day.